Pro Tools forum for topics specifically related to Pro Tools 10 software, including tips, tricks, troubleshooting, and general discussions.

Moderators: pettje, PTUG FaceBot, RA Rayne

#1571  by mdieckmeyer
 Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:02 am
I just finished a vocal track, saved and closed the session, then closed Pro tools. When I came back an hour later and tried to open the session, this message popped up. "Could not complete the Open Session...command because Pro Tools could not set sample rate to specified value. Please exit all other audio application and try again."

I don't have any other applications open, I rebooted, I disconnected my MBox 2 Pro, I made sure the Mbox was my default sound device in the control panel, I made sure it was set correctly in the I/O settings.

I've been running 10 since it's inception and I've never come across this error. I'm stumped!!

Pro Tools 10.3.10, Win 7, i7, 3.20 GHz, Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
 #1573  by pettje
 Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:41 am
Have you tried to open the session with plugins bypassed, hold down the shift key while opening the session. Either that or create a new session and do a session data import. Maybe try a different playback engine as well.
You may also want to check your clocking settings in the hardware page and make sure your clocking internally.
 #1714  by Pepsy
 Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:07 am
This recently happened to me in Pro Tools 12.4, but I couldn't open ANY projects without the same error message. Using a Pro Tools Agregate I/O configuration comprised of an AVID 11 Rack + M-Audio Fast Track Ultra on my Mac Book Pro 10. 8. 5 ( Mountain Lion), it turns out the device driver(s) for the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra were FUBAR.

An Uninstall/reinstall of these driver(s)put me back in business, calming my cosmic freak out :o Had never incurred this problem on a Mac before, but windows yes...

Surprisingly none of the forums I queried suggested this fix, so I hope this helps.

( please allow me to apologize if I posted this wrong? This is my first post on this forum. Create Music, BE HAPPY!!!)