Pro Tools forum for topics specifically related to Pro Tools 8 and legacy software, including tips, tricks, troubleshooting, and general discussions.

Moderators: pettje, PTUG FaceBot, RA Rayne

#1614  by info@towermusic.se
 Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:22 am
Anyone know if PT 8.05 HD will work on El Capitan or any other updates. I am still on 10.7.5 :) (if it aint broken, don´t fix it)
Also if Waves 8 TDM Mercury will work?
 #1620  by pettje
 Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:04 am
PTHD 8.0.5 support ended with Mac OSX 10.6.8. Any newer OSX requires a newer version of protools. For Mac OSX El Capitan, only protools 12.3 and 12.4 are qualified by Avid.
 #1734  by mindmusic
 Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:55 am
You have to upgrade to PTHD 8.1.1.1. a special version made for Synchro Arts. I installed ProTools HD 8.1.1. on a 10.6. SnowLion HDD years ago and later made a HDD Clone which got an Upgrade to 10.7 Lion, this later was also cloned and upgraded to 10.8.5 Mountain Lion. I always used the latest versions.

So I can say for sure that Pro Tools HD 8.1.1.1. works on three different OSX Versions. Waves 9.3, Eventide Anthology II, AIR Instrument, Native Instruments, Spectrasonics, Play Engine work fine and nearly all other Plug Ins too. Only some plug ins from PlugIn Alliance make trouble and some free plug ins.

In BIAS Peak Waves PlugIns will loose their GI but will work with sliders. I would be interested to know, if all this stuff works with El Capitan.

Recent Topics

User avatar Pro Tools LE with MBox 2 on Windows 10

by Barbara Pope

Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:38 am

User avatar Pro Tools LE with MBox 2

by Barbara Pope

Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:16 am

User avatar No more DAE Error 743! :-)

by Silvero

Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:08 pm

User avatar Blue cat plugins

by Paul Cottrell

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:18 am

User avatar Pro Tools output

by aor

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:26 pm

Twitter

ABOUT PRO TOOLS USERS

The Pro Tools Users Group, affectionately known as PTUG, is an online community and forum where Pro Tools users unite to ask questions, share tech tips, and so much more. Established in 2007, PTUG is THE place on the web for all things Pro Tools. Whether it's music or post, hobby or profession, PTUG connects you with other Pro Tools users and provides you with the advice, tips, tricks, and news you need.

Stuck on a Pro Tools technical dilemma? As a registered member, our expert moderators will provide you with answers that you need.

Need a deal on any Avid product? You are entitled to special pricing and 'group buys', too!