Pro Tools forum for topics specifically related to Pro Tools 12 software, including tips, tricks, troubleshooting, and general discussions.

Moderators: pettje, PTUG FaceBot, RA Rayne

#1790  by Sanchez
 Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:28 am
Hey all, this is my first post here... glad to find the forum. I have PT 12 with macbook and a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8. The problem I'm having is when I plug something into any input, it just comes thru the speakers with being record enabled. If I turn low latency off, that seems to fix it, but then I have to deal with the latency doubling sound.

This is probably a simple issue for a lot of you but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated.
 #1791  by macflo1508
 Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:58 am
That is correct behavior. You will only hear the input of a track if the record button is enabled. You can also press the green input button next to the red record readybutton to override it.
 #1792  by Sanchez
 Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:34 am
Thx for the reply, but I mis-spoke... I meant to say the signal comes through WITHOUT record button enabled. I've since come to learn though that this is probably because the Scarlett interface requires that I use their routing software, which I'm not happy about. I'd much rather just use PT without any extra software. I could be wrong, but that's what the situation seem to be at the moment. My solution, for now, is muting the input on focusrite software when I'm not recording.. It works, but it's an extra step that seems unnecessary.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm also thinking if I increase buffer speed, then I can operate without low latency mode, but which I think would also be a solution. But still, not an ideal one :x

Recent Topics

User avatar Input routing problem

by Sanchez

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:34 am

User avatar Need help importing audio into my protools session

by PTUG FaceBot

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:51 am

User avatar Pro Tools output

by Didakonut

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17 am

User avatar HD or not HD? For radio ready music production

by Mtp205

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:40 pm

Twitter

ABOUT PRO TOOLS USERS

The Pro Tools Users Group, affectionately known as PTUG, is an online community and forum where Pro Tools users unite to ask questions, share tech tips, and so much more. Established in 2007, PTUG is THE place on the web for all things Pro Tools. Whether it's music or post, hobby or profession, PTUG connects you with other Pro Tools users and provides you with the advice, tips, tricks, and news you need.

Stuck on a Pro Tools technical dilemma? As a registered member, our expert moderators will provide you with answers that you need.

Need a deal on any Avid product? You are entitled to special pricing and 'group buys', too!