Pro Tools forum for topics specifically related to Pro Tools 12 software, including tips, tricks, troubleshooting, and general discussions.

Moderators: pettje, PTUG FaceBot, RA Rayne

#1735  by PTUG FaceBot
 Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:12 am
Hello,
I downloaded and installed the latest version of Pro Tools on my new 6-core Mac Pro (late 2013).
It has 64 GB of RAM and an internal SSD by OWC with a capacity of 4 TB. OSX is Yosemite (as Sierra caused crashes with Logic Pro X). One can say it is a very powerful machine.
I regularly run huge Logic sessions with +100 vst tracks, orchestral libraries etc ( for film scoring). I usually keep Logic's buffer size at 128, sometimes 256. I never run into audio system overload issues.

When I recorded ONE Midi track in Pro Tools today (with ONE vsti), I got a CPU overload warning message, and the playback stopped.
Buffer size was set to 256, after that 512, but still I got that message.

I worked with PT 12 on my Macbook Pro and had no such issues.

What's going on with PT?

Posted on PTUG's FaceBook page by
[b]Jan Grenner/b] Feb 3

Recent Topics

User avatar Pro Tools LE with MBox 2 on Windows 10

by Barbara Pope

Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:38 am

User avatar Pro Tools LE with MBox 2

by Barbara Pope

Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:16 am

User avatar No more DAE Error 743! :-)

by Silvero

Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:08 pm

User avatar Blue cat plugins

by Paul Cottrell

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:18 am

User avatar Pro Tools output

by aor

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:26 pm

Twitter

ABOUT PRO TOOLS USERS

The Pro Tools Users Group, affectionately known as PTUG, is an online community and forum where Pro Tools users unite to ask questions, share tech tips, and so much more. Established in 2007, PTUG is THE place on the web for all things Pro Tools. Whether it's music or post, hobby or profession, PTUG connects you with other Pro Tools users and provides you with the advice, tips, tricks, and news you need.

Stuck on a Pro Tools technical dilemma? As a registered member, our expert moderators will provide you with answers that you need.

Need a deal on any Avid product? You are entitled to special pricing and 'group buys', too!