Pro Tools forum for topics related to Mixing & Recording techniques. Get the results that you are looking for!

Moderators: pettje, PTUG FaceBot, RA Rayne

#956  by mrdstudio
 Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:02 am
I do a great job tracking, but I just can't seem to get that polished professional mix (and master) that eludes me.
Is there anyone out there willing to do a sample mix for me (Pro Tools 9), using Wave plugins and/or built in Pro Tools 9 plugs, so that I can examine and learn?
Any help at all would be appreciated.
 #1111  by TheAeMixer
 Tue May 06, 2014 3:10 pm
Well me mixing you session wouldn't take you where you want to. Trying to discover and thinking how things work for yourself is more convenient because in that way you will learn more. But i will be happy to mix your session. send it, Are you still active in this forum?
 #1114  by RoundTableModerator
 Fri May 09, 2014 6:32 am
Hi All,
I saw your post under PT 9 forum, moving it over here for some mixing technique advice!
Be sure to read some of the advice in this topic!
RTM
 #1115  by bmixus
 Fri May 09, 2014 5:22 pm
Practice, practice, practice. I do not have PT 9 but I would definitely mix your session. (Using PT 10 & 11) I have plenty of plugs. I don't know if it would be backward compatible.
 #1619  by ekmixmaster
 Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:07 am
bmixus wrote:Practice, practice, practice. I do not have PT 9 but I would definitely mix your session. (Using PT 10 & 11) I have plenty of plugs. I don't know if it would be backward compatible.

From my experience PT sessions are compatible both ways. At least for PT 10 which I own and older versions worked good.