Pro Tools forum for Miscellaneous Avid and Pro Tools related questions, such as interfaces and control surfaces.

Moderators: pettje, PTUG FaceBot, RA Rayne

#1786  by dvdr
 Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:52 am
I am in the middle of creating a new system and I'm on a budget of around 1200 Euro.
High CPU speed is more important to me than a super-huge amount of cores.
Using present hardware like SSD, dvd-drive and Nvidia NVS510 graphic card, these can be left out of the equation. I'm coming from an i7-3770, that is not sufficient anymore.

How do you rate this - I can get it used and in good condition, and it fits my budget:

HP Z820v2 WS incl. 4 SSD Caddies
2x E5-2667v2 CPUs
2x HP Liquid Cooling
64GB RAM 8x8GB 14900R 1866MHz RAM from Hynix
Win10Pro incl. HP drivers preinstalled on a small SSD

I know, that it's "older" hardware, but considering the price, how far would it get me with PT 12.8.3 native?

Any thoughts or suggestions
Thanks!

Recent Topics

User avatar Input routing problem

by macflo1508

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:42 am

User avatar Need help importing audio into my protools session

by PTUG FaceBot

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:51 am

User avatar Pro Tools output

by Didakonut

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17 am

User avatar HD or not HD? For radio ready music production

by Mtp205

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:40 pm

Twitter

ABOUT PRO TOOLS USERS

The Pro Tools Users Group, affectionately known as PTUG, is an online community and forum where Pro Tools users unite to ask questions, share tech tips, and so much more. Established in 2007, PTUG is THE place on the web for all things Pro Tools. Whether it's music or post, hobby or profession, PTUG connects you with other Pro Tools users and provides you with the advice, tips, tricks, and news you need.

Stuck on a Pro Tools technical dilemma? As a registered member, our expert moderators will provide you with answers that you need.

Need a deal on any Avid product? You are entitled to special pricing and 'group buys', too!